- The staff at Cape Horn Veterinary Associates would like express our gratitude to our clients who have been appreciative, patient, and kind during this challenging time of Covid-19. We know that the phones have been busy and wait times have been longer, but we assure you that we are continuing to take our time with each patient and continue to provide the excellent care that you know and expect.
- Recently, two of our employees were exposed to other individuals who tested positive for Covid-19. As a precaution, both of these employees have been placed on a 14 day quarantine.
- Unfortunately, this means that we will be working with a very limited staff and may need to change our schedule at a moment's notice if anyone else becomes exposed or becomes ill.
- We will continue to keep our clients updated via Facebook and our website.
As always, you can reach us with any questions or concerns at
717-501-4800 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19 UPDATE 11/6/20
We are continuing curb-side appointments only until further notice. We have decided to continue curb-side service to keep our staff and clients as safe as possible.
Please be kind to our staff, whether on the phone or in person. Our staff is working as fast and diligently as possible to make your pet's visit as smooth as possible.
Rude, inappropriate behavior towards our staff will not be tolerated.
To keep everyone safe we ask that you please continue to wear your mask when staff is getting your pet from your car or speaking with you. We will also be wearing a mask to keep you and your family protected.
- Due to Covid-19, we are not allowing clients into the building and are seeing limited appointments at this time. We ask that you pull up to the curb and please remain in your vehicle and call the office at 717-501-4800 upon your arrival. We are receiving more calls than normal, and if we are unable to answer your call, please leave a message and we will return your call promptly.
- Once we speak to you and get a valid phone number to reach you, one of our technicians will meet you outside to get your pet from you. If you have a cat, we ask that you bring them in a carrier, and place them on the sidewalk for her to get. We ask that your dog be on a leash, and when you see the technician come outside, you meet her so that she can put one of our leashes on the pet to bring it inside. Once our leash is secured, you may remove your leash. Once your pet is in the building, we ask that you remain in your vehicle in the parking lot, unless told otherwise.
- Once we have called you to obtain a history on your pet, Dr. Schneider will do her physical exam and call you to go over her findings and answer any questions you may have.
- You will then be transferred to a receptionist who will financially take care of your bill via credit card (preferred). One of our technicians will then bring your pet and any medications back outside to you.
Please maintain a safe distance (6 foot) from any of our staff who may be speaking with you outside, or placing medication outside for you to pick up. Also we ask that you wear a mask at all times when interacting with our staff.
We greatly appreciate your patience during this protocol, as wait times are longer than normal. We assure you that these precautions are in the best interest of your pet, you, and our limited staff. If you have any questions regarding our current protocol please do not hesitate to call and ask.
Please continue to check our website and Facebook page for continued updates and changes to our schedule.
Serving the veterinary and animal care needs of Red Lion, York, East York, Dallastown, Spry, Seven Valleys, Jacobus, Glen Rock, Shrewsbury, Stewartstown, Wrightsville, Hallam and surrounding areas.