- Exercise your pets vigorously during the day when festivities have yet to begin!
- Give them their evening meal before the fireworks and parties begin.
- The best place for your pets on a night filled with loud noises from fireworks and parties is indoors in a quiet place.
- Let your pet hide if they want to. They are trying to find a quiet place to de-stress! If your dog is regularly kenneled this will be the safest and calmest place for them!
- Distract your pet with their favorite toys and games, but don't reward any anxious behavior.
- Leave the TV or radio on.
- Make sure your pet has all it's ID tags on just in case. Get your pet microchipped if they are not already.
- If your pet is extremely anxious during fireworks and/or company consider talking to Dr. Schneider about different medications to help. (Pacing, barking, panting, whining, overly excited, trembling, drooling)
- Keep human treats including alcohol away from your pets!
HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
12/23/2021 05:13:29 pm
Fatty foods can create digestive problems for your pet causing her to suffer from vomiting, diarrhea and bloating. Additionally, when torn apart by teeth, cooked bones have been known to result in torn intestinal, stomach and esophageal tissues
11/22/2022 05:49:32 pm
I never considered letting my pet hide if they want to. My wife and I want to get a puppy for our daughter. We'll have to get one that doesn't shed.
Hello, Wonderful blog! Dogs are our real friends, but when they leave us, we feel lonely. It is not easy to forget the memory of our friend. The self-care tips are really helpful to overcome the stress due to pet bereavement. Based on my experience, during this tough situation, we need to give ourselves time. Keep writing.https://jessicashawn.livejournal.com/449.html
Leave a Reply.
I'm Pumpkin - The most chill member of CHVA. I was adopted in June of 2019 by Dr. Schneider, and I am furrrever grateful. I show my appreciation by lounging on her desk and keeping track of all CHVA's patients. I blog all my wisdom on here in my spare time, and I'm an up and coming Instamodel! FOLLOW ME @ instagram.com/pumpkinsclinic