- Exercise your pets vigorously during the day when festivities have yet to begin!
- Give them their evening meal before the fireworks and parties begin.
- The best place for your pets on a night filled with loud noises from fireworks and parties is indoors in a quiet place.
- Let your pet hide if they want to. They are trying to find a quiet place to de-stress! If your dog is regularly kenneled this will be the safest and calmest place for them!
- Distract your pet with their favorite toys and games, but don't reward any anxious behavior.
- Leave the TV or radio on.
- Make sure your pet has all it's ID tags on just in case. Get your pet microchipped if they are not already.
- If your pet is extremely anxious during fireworks and/or company consider talking to Dr. Schneider about different medications to help. (Pacing, barking, panting, whining, overly excited, trembling, drooling)
- Keep human treats including alcohol away from your pets!
HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
I'm Pumpkin - The most chill member of CHVA. I was adopted in June of 2019 by Dr. Schneider, and I am furrrever grateful. I show my appreciation by lounging on her desk and keeping track of all CHVA's patients. I blog all my wisdom on here in my spare time, and I'm an up and coming Instamodel! FOLLOW ME @ instagram.com/pumpkinsclinic